Been Asking Yourself: How Can I Get Out Of Debt?
“How can I get out of debts?” is on the majority of our minds as debt has plagued the UK nation with the average household estimated to be in £20,000+ of the red stuff, according to 2012 figures. This website is dedicated to delivering you free, impartial advice and solutions to eradicating your debt problems.
Ten top tips on how you can get out of debt
1. Cut up your credit cards and set a budget – don’t deviate from the budget and literally take the scissors to your credit cards so you are not tempted to use them. “How can I get out of credit card debt”? is just as common a query.
2. Reduce your interest rates – if you can arrange a repayment plan with debt consolidation loans you can vastly reduce your APR.
3. Look at ways to bring in extra money – get a second job, sell old stuff you do not need at carboot sales etc.
4. Get your priorities straight – don’t spend on lavish things you do not need and cutting back on things like alcohol and cigarettes can really help save money.
5. Chip away at the debt – when you can take slices off the debt you should. This way you will eventually be paying less interest and avoid late payment penalties.
6. Keep things in perspective – make things manageable and do not get depressed about the situation. With professional help these things can be sorted!
7. Getting out of debt doesn’t mean you can’t ever spend again – don’t live like a hermit crab, you can spend money just be wise about it!
8. Stop eating out – one meal out can equate to a weekly shopping budget so cut out expensive meals out.
9. Get organised – organisation is key. If you are organised you will get debt free in no time.
10. Be willing to part with toys – toys are for children, if you do not need it to live then you do not need it while you are in debt. Be ruthless with this last point.